No products in the cart.
The reason I wanted to address this topic is because I see so many women bashing themselves up about not being enough …… and ‘enough’ is another whole discussion topic.
As I began to write this blog it caused me to stop and really think about what this word means to me.
This of course led to to think about the times in my life when my self-worth was feeling a bit battered and bruised?
- When a boy I really really liked wasn’t remotely interested in me.
- When I hit a rough patch trying to cope with small children and felt totally inadequate as a mother.
- When I didn’t / don’t achieve some goals I had set for myself.
- When I failed miserably because of some financial decisions I made
- When I was dumped by a guy I really cared about for a much younger woman
- Times when I held my tongue instead of speaking up for what I believed in
- Times when I let someone else control my life to some degree to avoid confrontation
- Times when I questioned my ability as a coach (the not good enough syndrome!)
In total contrast to the previous comments I believe that I have always had a strong underlying sense of my own self-worth!
- A very strong belief that I deserve to have the best that life has to offer
- That I have a voice and a message to share with the world
- That I attract only the very best people and things into my world
- That I am enough!
As I look back over my list of battered and bruised self-worth issues the only difference in the two examples are that I thought I wasn’t pretty enough, good enough, smart enough, young enough, strong enough, educated enough, rich enough.
SELF WORTH COMES FROM ONE THING – THINKING THAT YOU ARE WORTHY. Wayne Dyer
I BELIEVE THAT ALL SELF WORTH ISSUES ARE THOUGHTS ABOUT NOT BEING ENOUGH!
THEY ARE NOT REAL, THEY ARE JUST THOUGHTS AND THEY CAN TAKE CONTROL OF OUR LIVES IF WE LET THEM.
Take particular notice of the times when these little thoughts come invading your head space, take some time to observe what is behind them, what meaning you are making of them – and then turn them around and give them a much more empowering meaning. Ones that makes you feel great about yourself and your life!
DO YOU HAVE AN INSIGHTS TO SHARE?
Your thoughts, comments, personal story or suggestions are important to me.
With love and gratitude
Sign up for our 6 Steps to Getting Your Life Back on Track and you also receive all the latest news and events from the Divorced Women’s Club.
EXPERT AS SEEN ON SOUL.TV
View the Soul.TV episodes subscribe here: http://www.soultv.com.au/?ref=19