No products in the cart.
This is a subject that is so very close to my heart!
I lived my life as a numb spectator for many years. On the surface it appeared to everyone that all was right in my world, I had the house, great kids, a good husband, and all the while I was slowly dying inside and I DIDN’T EVEN KNOW IT!
Sadly this is not an experience that was unique to me. I know that far, far too many women continue to simply exist from day to day, going through the motions of the ‘daily grind.’ Housework, meals on the table, raising kids, holding down a job, physical and emotional distance between themselves and their partner, completely numb to their feelings and crawling into bed at night exhausted, only to wake the next morning and begin the daily cycle all over again and silently hearing a inner voice asking “is this it, is this really what life is all about?”
Living like this is of course a recipe for physical and emotional disaster and no matter how hard, or for how long we continue to bury and ignore the internal messages that our body is sending us there will be a point when there will be an eruption and much like a volcano once it starts there is no turning back. All the anger, resentment, grief, guilt and hurt will begin to spew out with a force that scares the most hardened of us.
Everyone will move through this period in their own way and in their own time as reaching this turning point begins the struggle to unleash the real ‘us’ that has been buried deep inside for far too long and as much it creates fear and confusion at the time everyone who has already been through this period of transition will acknowledge that it was also the beginning of their journey of personal discovery and self-awareness.
It is not however a journey without its challenges.
Creating any significant change in our lives will mean that there will be opposition and resistance from the people around us.
As we begin to make the conscious decision to discard all the beliefs that we have created or those that have been past on to us as we allowed the influence of our family and society to shape us into a clone of other peoples expectations those closest to us will feel threatened and fearful.
- What if reaching the point of no return was exactly what needed to happen?
- What if we were doing the very best we could with the resources we currently had available to us?
- What if all the heartache and pain we had buried for so long was actually helping us to survive?
- What if the eruption of the volcano meant the complete destruction of the road we were currently travelling?
- What if it meant that for the very first time we could see a new road ahead, new horizons with a sign post that read ‘The real you, 100 miles in this direction?’
- What if we discovered that with every single step we took we began to explore and discover our deep inner wisdom and new found belief in ourselves
- What if we discovered our voice, our passion for life and began to live with a sense of peace, contentment and joy?
I firmly believe that this is our birthright.
In the words of Nora Ephron “Above all, be the heroine of your own life, not the victim.”
What are you waiting for?
To share your comments or personal story – send me an email: email@example.com
With love and gratitude
SIGN UP TO RECEIVE MY COMPLIMENTARY EBOOK – 6 STEPS TO GETTING YOUR LIFE BACK ON TRACK
EXPERT AS SEEN ON SOUL.TV
View the Soul.TV episodes subscribe here: http://www.soultv.com.au/?ref=19